This 8 page sample shows the table of contents and introduction.
A long read research report analysing the market for passwordless authentication and how to migrate away from legacy based password authentication.
This report focuses on the history and origins, consumer use cases, employee use cases, the authentication credential life cycle, capabilities analysis, vendor selection guidance and funding details for software based modals focused on FIDO UAF/U2F and new standards such as WebAuthn, coupled with biometrics. Orthogonal requirements such as enrolment, payment integration and distributed storage will also be analysed.
The report is not sponsored and is based on OSINT, vendor briefings and industry interviews.
The table of contents includes the following:
- Introduction 5
- The Password is Dead: Long Live The Password 5
- The Aim of This Guide 5
- Key Organisational Authentication Challenges 7
- Structured Approach to Passwordless Adoption 8
- Background 9
- Authentication & MFA 9
- Phishing 10
- MITM 10
- Brute Force Attack 10
- Credential Stuffing 10
- Keyloggers 10
- MFA as a Countermeasure 11
- The Rise of MFA 11
- The Rise of Passwordless 14
- Startup Funding 14
- Mobile Adoption 14
- WebAuthn 15
- Passwordless Technology Options 16
- Employee Use Cases 22
- Consumer Use Cases 25
- Authentication Credential Lifecycle 29
- Capability Analysis 30
- Enrol 30
- Use 33
- Add 40
- Migrate 42
- Reset 43
- Remove 45
- Planning Recommendations – Existing Modals 52
- Planning Recommendations – Device & Users 53
- Planning Recommendations – Try Before You Buy 54
- Planning Recommendations – Case Studies 55
- Planning Recommendations – Roadmaps 56
- Summary 57
- Report Methodology 58
- Vendor Briefings 58
- Data Sources 58
- Industry Advisory 59
- About The Cyber Hut 59
- Report Author 60
- Disclaimer 61
The report is available for a single user.
Enterprise multi-seat usage and redistribution rights are also available. Vendor redistribution is also available on 6 and 12 month licenses.
Please contact us for further details.